” The activities of the OPPB choir ended on Thursday, March 12…..INCREDIBLE ! …..almost 3 months already !
We have kept in touch every week :
– Email to the singers every Thursday.
– Creation of a WhatsApp group to exchange information, jokes, recipes, flowers …We were able to celebrate a few special events and birthdays!
– Attempted videos and attempted editing…oops! not so easy at 80! And not very satisfying
– 9 May, participation of about fifteen volunteers in Europe Day via video, singing Ode to joy (commissioned by the Pau metropolitan area). Pau has just been associated with the Eurocities. Again, this was not so satisfactory, especially as few singers dared!
A positive point for those who tried the videos :
– They were demanding with themselves, and did many retakes … maybe they understood a little bit the occasional suffering of choir conductors ?!!
– Another advantage for amateur singers, in my opinion, is for them to dare to use more digital tools and not expect EVERYTHING from us in the preparation of their scores, even if many of them already do so !